What they say
– Nick, who overcame addiction thanks to our drugs services - http://www.ssj.org.uk/services/addiction-services/
It’s been the stepping stone I needed to get me where I am today.
– Stefano, who got clean with the support of our drugs services - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/that-final-kick-up-the-ase/
If it wasn’t for your help, advice and positive belief in me I would not be here today.
– Fred, who volunteered with our Bridge2Volunteering project - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/volunteering_life_beyond_wildest_dreams/
The staff there welcomed me so much and allowed me to become the real person that was trapped inside all along, and now I find it amazing to be the real me and to bring this person into all parts of my life.
– Kevin, who was supported by the Alcohol Pathfinder service - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/alcohol-pathfinder-service-kevins-story/
With the support I have had this time – I have gone that ‘one step further’ without starting to drink heavily again.
– Vix, who volunteered with B2V - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/volunteer-success-final/
B2V have believed in me and I will never go back to my old life: now that I’ve had this experience of giving back what B2V gave to me.
– Christina, who is volunteering with, and supported by B2V - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/volunteer-christinas-story/
Volunteering has given me a sense of achievement and hope for the future – that I will find useful employment.
– Stuart, who transformed his life through volunteering. - http://www.ssj.org.uk/blog/volunteer-success-stu-b2v/
Due to my time and experience as a B2V volunteer I went from being a scared, intimidated, insecure person to a confident, reliable, secure, caring man. I’m also an employed man with his children back in his life.
– Justin who volunteers with B2V and Saints4Sport and has gained work with the Saints Foundation as a sessional worker.
Every dynamic and area of my life has changed through this service.