TOP TEN Fundraising Ideas
Yesterday was another Charity Tuesday (#charitytuesday) on Twitter so we decided to tweet our TOP TEN fundraising ideas or ways to be involved with SSJ, most of them at little or no cost in terms of time, effort or money.
It’s not always easy to know how to help a cause close to your heart, and it’s not always easy to spare the time and energy required to run a large scale fundraising event. That’s why we compiled such a varied TOP TEN fundraising ideas list for our supporters.
Here’s what we came up with;
- Sign yourself up to Give as You Live; stores donate as you shop online, at ZERO cost to you!
Effort = nil, Cost = nil, benefit to SSJ = HUGE.
- Recommend our Himalayas Trek and Delhi Project to your adventurous friends, family and colleagues.
Clearly you can recommend it to yourself too, we’re not choosy.
- An INSTANT way to donate, use TEXT giving. Text SOSJ11 with £Up to 25 to 70070.
- Do you eat out at all? Have a favourite restaurant? Find out if they know about the StreetSmart Campaign that we brought to Hampshire in 2011. It’ll feature in Hampshire Life very soon and is a perfect way for restaurants to help homeless people.
- Sign yourself and a friend (or even enemy) up to run the Great South Run for us.
Great challenge, fantastic fundraising opportunity.
- Got a shed full of old bikes? In need of some eco-friendly transport but can’t afford a brand spanking new bicycle? You need to look at our newest social enterprise; Re-cycle Bikes.
- Do you have an office or home full of redundant IT equipment? Or a tweenager ‘needing’ their own laptop? You can dispose of your IT equipment at Jamie’s Computers and purchased refurbished items at affordable prices.
- Who knew you could raise money for your chosen cause when you need to scrap a car? I didn’t either. But look here, with Giveacar - your old banger raises much needed cash for charity. Brilliant eh?
- Here’s a fantastic way to give, we absolutely love to hear stories from our staff, our supporters and our service users. If you have a tale to tell about our work, or about how you’ve worked with us at SSJ, we want to hear about it. You could very well be a contributor to our blog.
- For 2012 only, why don’t you help us mark our BIG 4-O? You could raise awareness or funds, suggest ways for us to celebrate 40 years of transforming lives … just don’t let the year pass us by.
So that’s you lot for this week. TOP TEN fundraising ideas or ways to get involved with us at little or no cost to you (in most cases). No excuses.