Community Day Rehab is ideal for people who are seeking rehab, but have family or childcare issues that make residential rehab inappropriate for them. The service offers people a full day programme of activities and sessions every week day.
The programme is centred on the Recovery Capital Model, and focuses on building people’s personal and life skills, self-esteem and self-efficacy, beliefs and desires around recovery, and support from and engagement with their families and communities.
The weekly timetable includes:
- Pause practice: sessions helping people to develop a connection with the ‘here and now’
- Structured groups: exploring topics including co-dependency, understanding addiction, conflict management and communication skills
- Family work: sessions aimed at strengthening family connections, support, and interpersonal skills
- Skills-based courses: opportunities to develop skills such as IT proficiency, and work towards ASDAN-accredited qualifications
- Social and life skills: group and leisure activities including communal cooking, fishing, cinema trips, and relaxation techniques such as acupuncture and yoga.
- Peer-led recovery: people are encouraged to engage with peer-led recovery groups such as PUSH, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and Cocaine Anonymous.
There is also out of hours support provided by a 24-hour helpline.
For more information, please get in touch with us:
Address: 69 Kingston Road, Portsmouth, PO2 7DX
Phone: 023 9286 1423
Referrals can be made through the Recovery Hub:
Address: Campion Place, Elm Grove, Portsmouth
Phone: 023 9229 4573