Relief Night Security Worker
Various positions in Aldershot/Portsmouth/Southampton
Salary: £7.20 per hour plus unsociable hours enhancement
We are looking to recruit an Operational Security Worker that will visit our various different Housing Projects across Hampshire.
The relief worker will need to be able to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the team to ensure all projects are secure, any Health & Safety issues are dealt with, and that residents are safe.
This is not a normal security post and we welcome enquiries from anyone who feels their skills and experience might be relevant.
The successful candidates should have:
• Experience of working with vulnerable people.
• Flexibility to cover shifts on a rota that includes working early evenings & nights during the week, weekends and on Bank Holidays.
• The use of a car (manual) in order to be able to carry out duties, have a clean full driving licence and appropriate insurance.
• The ability to respond to emergency situations and stay calm in a crisis.
For further information and to apply, please use the application form and Role Profile below, making clear which job you are applying for.
For an informal chat about this post, please contact:
Ron Radloff on 07854 009344
APPLICATION FORM – Word Editable
APPLICATION FORM – PDF Print Version
For the best chance of being shortlisted we recommend you use the Role Profile to help you complete this form, looking at how each of the essential and desirable criteria are assessed.
As an Investors in People Gold employer, SSJ recognises that our staff are our greatest assets. We value and recognise our staff, offering some generous benefits, as well as the satisfaction of helping vulnerable people:
- A competitive annual leave entitlement of 25 days rising to 30 days, plus public holidays.
- Flexible working options.
- Buying additional annual leave.
- Comprehensive induction and training.
- Membership to the Company Pension Scheme.
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and wellbeing services via our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers.
SSJ is committed to promoting Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
NB Some staff within the Society are are ‘at risk’ of redundancy. If they apply, their suitability for this role will be considered before someone who is not at risk.