A rewarding career
People are one of our greatest assets. We believe that the successful recruitment and retention of staff is vital to our continuing success
We value the skills of a diverse workforce and the experience of all our colleagues. We believe that supporting our colleagues in an inclusive environment means treating everyone fairly, engaging them in our goals and values and investing in their training and development
To be interested in joining St James you need to be passionate about our vision. In return, we offer some generous benefits, as well as the satisfaction of helping vulnerable adults.
The Society of St James offers:
- Membership of the Company Pension Scheme.
- Annual leave of 25 to 30 days, dependent on length of service, plus public holidays + the flexibility to buy additional or sell unwanted leave.
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential, independent advice and counselling on work, family, relationships, anxiety and legal questions.
In addition, extra payments are made for the following, if required by the post:
- Unsocial working hours
- Time spent on call
- Public holidays worked
Click here to see our current employment vacancies.
How about Relief Work?
We are always looking for relief workers who can be used within the Society to help provide cover for staff (e.g. holiday cover) who can be flexible with their working hours, as shifts could be during the week, at weekends, or evenings. We look for applicants with previous experience of working with vulnerable people, but this is not essential as training is provided. You should also have good listening and communication skills, be able to work on your own initiative and liase with other agencies, have experience or be willing to deliver personal care, have your own transport and be committed to the welfare of our clients and to the Society.
In return we offer £6.90 per hour, rising to £8.00 after completion of your in-house training programme, plus unsocial hours payments, a 12.07% holiday payment and flexible working hours.
- Complete the Relief Application Form using the Job Description & Person Specification to guide the information you should provide.
- Once completed please send your completed application to email@example.com or to the postal address indicated on the application form.
Once we have received your application form it will be put into our ‘Relief Worker file’ which will be looked at by managers as and when they require relief staff, so you may not hear from us straight away.